install error visual c++

Get help with installation, technical support and bug resolution

install error visual c++

Postby oodsigma9 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:03 am

I keep getting an error that stops installation...
"A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine."

Any ideas how to resolve this? I'm confused because I read this as: You have a newer version of the redistributable, which in my mind should be goodness but there is no way to accept and move on, I can only stop the install.

Any help appreciated
oodsigma9

Re: install error visual c++

Postby Kyosuke » Wed May 22, 2013 9:58 am

Hey, oodsigma9. You are right to be confused. As you surmised, the newer version should satisfy the installer and allow you to continue the installation. The issue then is that the installer is incorrectly setup to only continue if the installation of the redistributable is successful. We're working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

In the mean time, you can work around this issue by uninstalling your current versions of the redistributable. This will allow the Xulu installer to complete the installation using its version of the redistributable. After Xulu is installed, you can then download and install the latest version of the redistributable directly from Microsoft.

The basic x86 redistributable can be downloaded from here.
The SP1 updated x86 redistributable can be downloaded from here.
Kyosuke

Return to Troubleshooting