Cant launch xulu

Postby sodanger » Sun May 19, 2013 1:48 am

i have a win7 acer machine running directx11

when i try to run xulu i immediately get:
aborting - file xlauncher.cpp, line 648
sodanger

Re: Cant launch xulu

Postby Kyosuke » Wed May 22, 2013 10:34 am

Hi, sodanger. Are you able to see the launcher window at all or does it instantly spit out the error message? If you are able to see the launcher window, does the update progress bar show any progress? Have you tried running it at different times during the day (it's not likely, but the server may have been down when you were trying to get the file updates)?
Kyosuke

Postby TobotRobot » Sat May 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Kyo, I'm getting the same error. Here's a screen shot.

xulu bad.PNG
xulu bad.PNG (159.19 KiB) Viewed 22320 times

After this I get "Xulu Launcher has stopped working" (from windows). Let me know if there's any more info I can provide.
TobotRobot

Postby Kyosuke » Sat May 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Okay, here's a work around that should get you guys going. Download the updated version of our launcher and save it on your desktop. Then go to your Program Files folder if you're running a 32-bit OS or Program Files (x86) if you're running a 64-bit OS. There you should see a "Xulu" folder. If you open that folder, there should be a "launcher" folder. Open the "launcher" folder and move the xLauncher.exe you saved on your desktop into the "launcher" folder. There should already be a file named "xLauncher.exe" in there so when prompted, go ahead and overwrite the old one. That should be it. Let me know if you have any problems.
Kyosuke

Postby Chucky » Sun May 26, 2013 9:13 am

I downloaded the xulu launcher and here's what I got: This program can't start because X3DAudio1_7.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.

How come tofuturkey's work? Whats wrong with my computer?
Please help. :(
Chucky

Postby TobotRobot » Sun May 26, 2013 9:49 am

This did fix my issue. Thanks for your help.
TobotRobot

Postby tofuturkey » Sun May 26, 2013 12:02 pm

Chucky wrote:I downloaded the xulu launcher and here's what I got: This program can't start because X3DAudio1_7.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.

Sounds like a problem with DirectX. Maybe a reinstall of DX?

EDIT: Did a little searching and found this:

Note: If you've already downloaded x3daudio1_7.dll from one of those DLL download sites, remove it from wherever you put it and continue with these steps.

1. Restart your computer if you haven't yet.

The x3daudio1_7.dll error might be a fluke and a simple restart could clear it up completely.

2. Install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX. Chances are, upgrading to the latest version of DirectX will fix the x3daudio1_7.dll not found error.

Note: Microsoft often releases updates to DirectX without updating the version number or letter so be sure to install the latest release even if your version is technically the same.

Note: The same DirectX installation program works with all versions of Windows including Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, and more. It will replace any missing DirectX 11, DirectX 10, or DirectX 9 file.

3. Assuming the latest DirectX version from Microsoft doesn't fix the x3daudio1_7.dll error, look for a DirectX installation program on your game or application DVD or CD. Sometimes the software developers will include a copy of DirectX on the installation disc if their game or program utilizes DirectX.

Sometimes, though not often, the DirectX version included on the disc is a better fit for the program than the latest version available from Microsoft.

4. Uninstall the game or software program and then reinstall it again. Something might have happened to the files in the program that work with x3daudio1_7.dll and a reinstall could do the trick.

5. Restore the x3daudio1_7.dll file from the latest DirectX software package. If the above troubleshooting steps haven't worked to solve your x3daudio1_7.dll error, try extracting the x3daudio1_7.dll individually from the DirectX downloadable package.

6. Update the drivers for your video card. While it's not the most common solution, in some situations updating the drivers for the video card in your computer could correct this DirectX issue.

Applies To
The x3daudio1_7.dll error message could apply to any program that utilizes Microsoft DirectX, most commonly video games.

Any of Microsoft's operating systems since Windows 98 may be affected by x3daudio1_7.dll and other DirectX issues. This includes Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 2000.

Found this here: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/x3daudio1_7-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm Let us know if this helps! :)
tofuturkey

Postby Kyosuke » Sun May 26, 2013 5:16 pm

Chucky wrote:I downloaded the xulu launcher and here's what I got: This program can't start because X3DAudio1_7.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.

As tofuturkey noted, make sure you update to the latest version of DirectX. You can get it directly from the Microsoft download center.
Kyosuke

Postby Chucky » Mon May 27, 2013 7:32 am

Thanks! It works! :D
Chucky

Return to Troubleshooting