Graphics quality settings

Get help with installation, technical support and bug resolution

Graphics quality settings

Postby Woose » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:17 pm

I changed the graphics settings and when they applied the game crashed ... the first time I was able to re-launch it, but then I had to go and adjust them some more, and now everytime I try to enter the world it crashes. Is there a way to reset the graphics settings without being able to enter the world?

This game is really amazing and looks very promising ... fortunately I have a backup computer so I'll play on it until I get it working again on the main one. :D

Regards,
Woose
Woose

Re: Graphics quality settings

Postby Centronias » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:37 am

Sounds like it's time to make another tutorial post...

To reset your graphics settings manually, open up your "Run" dialog (<Windows Key> + R will do this for you) and type in regedit.exe. Click Okay and the Registry Editor will open up.
On the left side of the editor, you will see a hierarchy of registry entries, navigate along this path:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xulu\xNode\Graphics Settings
Highlight the Graphics Settings entry in the left pane and delete it. Confirm that you want to delete this key and all of its subkeys.

At this point, try running Xulu again and your display will be reverted to low-end, safe settings.

In the interest of helping your figure out your overall problem, would you mind telling me what settings you were trying to set it to that caused the crashing and what sort of graphic hardware you have? Also, are you running with multiple display outputs?
[XULU] CENTRONIAS
Centronias

Postby Kyosuke » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:21 am

Centronias wrote:Sounds like it's time to make another tutorial post...

Actually, this issue is covered under the "Graphics Issues" section of the FAQ. ;)
Kyosuke

Postby Woose » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:45 pm

Centronias wrote:In the interest of helping your figure out your overall problem, would you mind telling me what settings you were trying to set it to that caused the crashing and what sort of graphic hardware you have? Also, are you running with multiple display outputs?

Sure! I'm running a Radeon HD 6750 with one DVI display. I was trying to change from Extreme to Very High I believe. I'm kinda funny about always wanting to tweak GFX settings so I'll have that key handy in case it should crash again. :D

Regards,
Woose
Woose

Return to Troubleshooting