Not Connecting

Get help with installation, technical support and bug resolution

Re: Not Connecting

Postby Sarge Misfit » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:22 pm

I don't have either router or modem.

My setup is to plug in the USB stick which then connects with the Bell Mobility service. Its actually designed for use with a laptop, but I use it on my PC instead. In short, I do not have telephone or cable connection. Its completely wireless.

However, I was able to get inworld using a different connection. I have a wireless USB that I used to connect to the city's free wifi. Its a poor and intermittent connection, freezes and lags and is limited to 2 hours at a time, but it does narrow things down to being a problem with my main service.
Sarge Misfit

Postby Sarge Misfit » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:36 pm

going to bed, will catch this up in the morning
Sarge Misfit

Postby Kyosuke » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:49 am

Well, we know it has something to do with your main connection, but it's hard to say what the problem is specifically. Before we continue, please send one of your log files to support@xulu.com. That should give us a better idea of where in the process it is failing and what to check next. Check this forum post for instructions on how to access your log files.
Kyosuke

Postby Sarge Misfit » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:33 pm

Kyosuke wrote:Well, we know it has something to do with your main connection, but it's hard to say what the problem is specifically. Before we continue, please send one of your log files to support@xulu.com. That should give us a better idea of where in the process it is failing and what to check next. Check this forum post for instructions on how to access your log files.

Sent :-)
Sarge Misfit

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting