Forum troubles....

For anything not covered by the other forums

Forum troubles....

Postby GoughGhan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:44 pm

Anyone else having issues staying logged into the forums after a browser restart? I always have to go to the Xulu main page and login from there.

Then again I shouldn't redo my system then I wouldn't have lost my cookies.
The fish in my reef tank are plotting against me......

Image
GoughGhan
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Forum troubles....

Postby AnnaBanana » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:26 am

We do use cookies to track login sessions. If you restart your browser, you will have to log back in from Xulu.com.
AnnaBanana
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Forum troubles....

Postby GoughGhan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:39 am

AnnaBanana wrote:We do use cookies to track login sessions. If you restart your browser, you will have to log back in from Xulu.com.


Well that's just a PITA now isn't it? lol Guess I can live with it :P
The fish in my reef tank are plotting against me......

Image
GoughGhan
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Forum troubles....

Postby AnnaBanana » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:43 am

I think it also depends on the browser you are using. Chrome allows you to close and open your browser while preserving your cookies for a certain period of time. (at least that's what I use :twisted: )
AnnaBanana
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Forum troubles....

Postby GoughGhan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:35 pm

AnnaBanana wrote:I think it also depends on the browser you are using. Chrome allows you to close and open your browser while preserving your cookies for a certain period of time. (at least that's what I use :twisted: )


Chrome is the only browser!.....it's not saving the Xulu cookies for me.
The fish in my reef tank are plotting against me......

Image
GoughGhan
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Forum troubles....

Postby AnnaBanana » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:07 pm

Hmmm works for me. Try this:
Select Chrome Settings>> Advanced Settings >> Privacy >> Content Settings >> Then choose "Allow local data to be set (recommended)". It sounds like you may have "Keep local data only until I quit my browser" selected instead.
Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 3.02.44 PM.png
Chrome Settings
Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 3.02.44 PM.png (59.27 KiB) Viewed 17901 times
AnnaBanana
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Forum troubles....

Postby GoughGhan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:28 pm

AnnaBanana wrote:Hmmm works for me. Try this:
Select Chrome Settings>> Advanced Settings >> Privacy >> Content Settings >> Then choose "Allow local data to be set (recommended)". It sounds like you may have "Keep local data only until I quit my browser" selected instead.
Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 3.02.44 PM.png



Yea, that's Chromes default, and I haven't changed it. I went ahead and looked anyways, it's set exactly.
The fish in my reef tank are plotting against me......

Image
GoughGhan
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Forum troubles....

Postby GoughGhan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:32 pm

You should delete your credentials/cookies then try it.
The fish in my reef tank are plotting against me......

Image
GoughGhan
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Forum troubles....

Postby AnnaBanana » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:33 pm

GoughGhan wrote:Yea, that's Chromes default, and I haven't changed it. I went ahead and looked anyways, it's set exactly.


So you're saying it is set to allow local data? You can also try to "Manage exceptions" and add xulu.com to your list of approved domains. Other than that I'm fresh out of ideas :|
AnnaBanana
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Forum troubles....

Postby GoughGhan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:41 pm

AnnaBanana wrote:
GoughGhan wrote:Yea, that's Chromes default, and I haven't changed it. I went ahead and looked anyways, it's set exactly.


So you're saying it is set to allow local data? You can also try to "Manage exceptions" and add xulu.com to your list of approved domains. Other than that I'm fresh out of ideas :|


Exactly what I'm saying. Oh I have saved Xulu cookies. I've already looked into that.

Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (87 KiB) Viewed 17896 times


This happened after I did a format and fresh install of Windows on my system, every other forum I go to that uses Phpbb saves just fine, then again I login through the forum itself and can click on the Log me on automatically each visit checkbox.
The fish in my reef tank are plotting against me......

Image
GoughGhan
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron